S7-1200 Time of Day

franchois13

Hi everyone,

I need some help on how and which instructions to use for my application. I need a simple program to print a report every end of shift: one at 7am and another at 7pm. Say for discussion purposes need activate M0.0 at those 2 particular time of day.
I tried the compare instruction which will work but i dont know how to make am and pm significant.
Any idea or any easier way to do it to get same result will be great.
CPU im using is 1212C ac/dc/rly

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Add a new block, select OB as the block type and you will find you have a Time Of Day interrupt that you can use. Then in the list of Instructions go to Extended and you can adjust the interrupt from with the programme. Or again in Extended instructions you will find Data and Time-of-day instructions that you can use.

If the report is from a HMI you can schedule a time of day event in "scheduled tasks".

This would be carried out on the HMI. You can sync the HMI and the PLC times.

Just to add a bit of info.
Both of the above works, TOD OB and scheduling task from HMI.
Compare instruction works jus fine and you can compare Time of Day from 0-23 HRS down to milliseconds.
Thanks guys.