Twist Ties

OK, a little off topic. Any of you guys(or gals) program machines that put twist tie closures on bread, cords, etc.? More times than not, I have to turn the wrong way(clockwise) to untwist these. Is this done on purpose? Do the machines even offer an option of direction? Or is it that many programmer have never put a nut on a screw?

Every bread bag I have used, twist ties are tightened/loosened backward to the usual right hand thread. I imagine this transfers over to all twist tie usage for many people.

Dunno why it is like that.

The original designer was left handed and so it is. Time for someone to step up and correct this atrocity. :D

My wife and I have had this conversation a few times over 25 years. :)

Results of a recent sample from my freezer:
Three loaves of Nature's own bread, purchased at Wal-Mart, twist clockwise to open.
Three packages of Great Value Hamburg rolls purchased at Wal-Mart, twist counterclockwise to open.
Two packages of Great Value Hot dog rolls purchased at Wal-Mart, twist counterclockwise to open.

Clip style ties are usually on bagels and english muffins (or what America calls english muffins, I hear they are different things over there). Checked all the bread products on my shelf today, and they are all twisted backward relative to your expected Right-Hand thread. Four different brands. Some store brand, some national brand. But I also noticed that when I go to put away the bread, I grab the bag with my right hand, give it a twirl, and then use my left hand to twist the tie. This seems to feel most natural in a "top away from me" motion, meaning counter-clockwise, and opposite of a right-hand thread.