Access Genie Properties using Cicode

ByteBits

Hi All, Can anyone advise me on how to determine the AN of a genie instance I writing to. I have created a genie to display a valve and some text in a box beside the valve, indicating the required position of the valve as read from a dbf file. I have a number of instances of the genie on my page to display this in a tabular look, each instance being a different valve. Sometimes the display text is too long for the box so I want to reduce the font size when it is more than a certain No. of characters. See attached image showing my problem.
My plan was to use the DspText(hAN, iFont, sText [, iLength] [, iAlignMode] [, iLengthMode] [, bTooltip]) to modify the font size but it requires the AN which I don't know. There are nearly 40 of these valves and text boxes on the page with the text being updated depending on the mode the plant has to run in.

I have assigned a unique name to each genie instance in the hope of using AnByName(sName) to get the animation No. to then use this in DspText(), however I think this function only works on ActiveX objects.

Can anyone recommend a way to modifiy the font genie instance using cicode in Plant SCADA?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 2024-03-13_09-40-21.jpg
    2024-03-13_09-40-21.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4