PanelMate 1700 Missing Downloadable driver after upload

kay_gsr13

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I recently uploaded from a PanelMate 1775T PMPP 1700 color to have as a back up as there has been reports of loss of communication to the PLC intermittently: GE Fanuc 90-30.

After setting up a configuration, selected the executive firmware (6.20c2), network driver = none, and selected the GE series 90 point-to-point, and also added a read of the system information. I then proceed to enter the serial transfer mode and begin.

All of the status returned a "pass" and I tried to put the HMI back into the run mode, but got an error message:

"User configuration indicates missing downloadable driver.
Download of new configuration or missing. Downloadable Driver is required."

What could have possibly went wrong? Has anyone seen this or experience this before? I have the backup and is uncertain if I want to download it back into the HMI or not.

Also the original user configuration is a version 4.10.

System Screenshot

PanelMate 1700.jpg

Last edited:
After setting up a configuration, selected the executive firmware (6.20c2), network driver = none, and selected the GE series 90 point-to-point, and also added a read of the system information. I then proceed to enter the serial transfer mode and begin.
Are you talking about uploading (from Panelmate to PC) or downloading (from PC to Panelmate) here?
I've never felt the need to upload the executive firmware or the driver from a Panelmate.

Steve,

Thanks for the prompt response! I'm uploading from PanelMate to PC. I was unsure as to what I needed and followed instructions based on the user guide and selected all of it.

After opening up the backup on with the Panel Mate Configuration, and seen that the baud rate was 19200, I tried setting the port parameters @19200 to all the items I uploaded (or thought I uploaded, it may have been downloading the execution firmware and driver with the wrong baud rate - can you confirm this Steve?). Currently it fully pass the startup test.

Baud rate in the PLC name & port table is the rate at which the Panelmate communicates with the PLC. It isn't the same as the baud rate used by the transfer utility.
The executive firmware is a big file and if I remember correctly it gets downloaded in two pieces. I know that after you upgrade the executive firmware you have to download the configuration and driver. It is possible that uploading the executive firmware disrupts something in the Panelmate's memory so that you need to download the configuration and driver again.
Was the screen shot taken before or after you uploaded?

Steve,

The Screen shot was after I uploaded from the PanelMate, I failed to get the info prior to uploading due to being in a hurry before the HMI failed completely.

It would appear that the executive firmware has been upgraded hence the latest version (this is an assumption to the original "user configuration"). I assumed that when I selected "Upload Configuration" it meant that I was also uploading the executive firmware, drivers, and system info as well, but I'm not familiar enough with these HMI to say if its uploading or downloading but it did take up to 10 minute to complete that step.

As previously mentioned, the machine is working now, after the baud rate change and downloading the driver again even though it's not the same baud rate as the PLC comms. Now I can work on migrating to a newer setup. Thank you again for your insights Steve.

K

We had a problem something like that on a 1785 one time. We had the issue after a download. Turns out we had downloaded in the wrong order. According to Eaton's tech support, we should have done Executive firmware, then drivers, then options and configuration last. Have done it that way ever since without issues.