AB CCW vs Click

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client that priced out an 820 as a cheaper alternative to the ML1100. I have not used CCW yet but the forum here is full of bad stuff. I suggested a Click PLC. What are your guys thoughts between the 2?

I am a Click fan. It's not real good with ASCII, but aside from that I have had no problems with it. Software is fast and free. Communication is easy and solid.

I have never tried the Micro8xx and don't plan on it. Based on what I have read, I could expect to lose the $500 price difference between it and the ML1400 in labor hours working through the learning curve and the software stubbornness.

I'm a fan as well, but keep in mind that you have to put the PLC in program to make changes.

There is a "runtime transfer" with some of the "luxury" models. I think it is the "basic" series that does not include this feature. The project I am working on now has no local I/O in use, so I do not know if there is a "bump" in the I/O updates or scan time, so it might not be as smooth as online editing in an A/B PLC.

Last edited:
I am by NO means and expert on anything (My wife can vouch for that!!)

However, we use the Micro800 series for all kinds of projects and they work GREAT, easy, fast to program. If using the Micro820, and we have several, we always set them up on a VPN networks this way we can be anywhere (as long as we have an Internet connection) connect, monitor, program, debug from anywhere.

They are for smaller projects I agree but they are well worth the time and effort to learn their strengths.

This all comes from my little experience.

Have a great day.

Can click do High speed counter, pwm?? Does click use the same software as do-more or direct logic?

Last edited: