Easy one

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a flowmeter purchased and installed by others and I am trying to wire the pulse output from it to a HSC input on a Micrologix.

Here is all I can find out about the meter wiring:

http://aqua-metric.com/assets/hall-...ansmitter-for-propeller-meters-data-sheet.pdf

I have Red to +24, Black to DC Common, and White to the input on my Micrologix 1400(model with DC inputs) configured with 12uS filtering and HSC mode 0 (count up).

I am not seeing a change of state on this input at all. I am not measuring any voltage on the white wire with my meter in DC or AC mode.

I suspect it may be not in the state I expect (sinking versus sourcing).

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link...fixed

Last edited:
That pdf doesnt mention wiring at all. I would call the number and speak to their tech guys if i was you

good luck

Paul,
The only thing I could find on the web site said "Refer to Bulletin E-1116 for
HSPU and Bulletin E-1110 for E-ROFI Register." I looked on the Sensus web site and couldn't find anything meaningful on there.

Why do Manufactures do this? They spend big $$ on a web site and don't include any technical on the site. I just hate that!!!

Note this from the PDF

Solid state switch with output current sink 20 MA.max.

My emphasis on the 'sink'. Make sure the common side of your Micrologix high speed input group is appropriately wired (probably to 24 +).

Finally poked around enough, I found this. Looks like it is designed to take 12VDC not 24VDC.

EDIT: Looks like you fixed the link. This is not the pulser that you are using obviously :)

Last edited:
Finally poked around enough, I found this. Looks like it is designed to take 12VDC not 24VDC.

The first link I posted says the same thing but elsewhere in the document is says 4 to 24 vdc is acceptable.

We can drive the input with a pulse generator and the logic and PLC input check good.

I think Bernie is right. We have a call in to Sensus for tech support. Someone is supposed to call me back. Meanwhile I will see if I can safely wire inputs 0-3 with +24dc as the common.

EDIT: That was it. Wired COM0 to +24 and relocated inputs 2 and 3 to some other free inputs outside that group.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yea I noticed that you fixed the link and you are using a different pulser than the one I posted.

I have used some Hall Effect sensors that do not use the input voltage to send the output. They use the input voltage to just run the internal Circuits. The internal circuit will fire a Open Collector Transistor. That means we have to feed the 24VDC into the system separate from the Transmitter Power.

You may have to do the same with the sensor you are using.

See below

HE Sensor Wiring.jpg