TwinCAT 3 Colour Variables

Sohaib28

Hello. I am working on TwinCAT 3 visualization.

I want to fill the colour of a rectangle in the visualization using Fill colour . The variable I defines is an array of DINT which includes different colour codes. By implementing different condition

I want to know How can I get the light green colour using 16#TTRRGGBB or 16#FF8FE03F ? I mean i can get red colour using this value 16711680, hex value= FF0000. But How to get light green colour? Can someone explain me about how colour variables work in TwinCAT 3. I have also added the explanation below.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Color variables

The color variables used for dynamic definition of the element colors via project variables of type DWORD. A color is defined based on a hexadecimal number consisting of red, green and blue (RGB) components. In addition, the variables are used to specify the transparency of the color (FF: fully opaque - 00: fully transparent). The DWORD has the following structure: 16#TTRRGGBB

Icon%20Note.gif

Note

The structure of the hexadecimal number differs, compared to TwinCAT 2. In TwinCAT 3, in addition to the RGB components, the color transparency can also be defined with the hexadecimal number. The transparency is indicated by the first two digits after “16#”. Colors with definitions starting with “16#00” are invisible, since they are fully transparent.

Example:

nFillColor := 16#FF8FE03F;

▪FF: transparency (fully opaque)
▪8F: red
▪E0: green
▪3F: blue

The help note pretty much spells it out. What exactly are you having trouble with? If you specify 16#FF8FE03F as the fill color, you should get a light green. Is this not the behavior you are seeing in Twincat?

find a colour wheel, or a global var list.
i do it by using a dialog and then write down the colours needed in the global vars.