arrays in gxworks2

pharmaz0ne

Hello, i am trying to get access to an array using an indexing variable.
The project is a box conveyor where are 6 boxes, so i have array "box[0...5]".
I want to use variable "box_current" as an index. Is it possible to use this variable in LADDER program, i mean if i put "box[box_current]" in the label it doesnt work. Whereas when i create a function block in ST and use that kind of expresion "box[box_current]" it works perfectly.

Is there a way to use index variable straight in LADDER or do i have to do it in ST.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
In ladder you need to use the index variables. Try using "Z0" to "Z7". I think that is what they are - it's been a while.

You also need to use the syntax like this: D200Z0. If Z0 = 0, it will resolve to D200. If Z0 = 10, it will resolve to D210.