Change year/month/day on panelview plus 7

XxLinkxX

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows why we cant change the date on an application using the system tags? I was able to use the system tags for time and that works fine. however, year,day and month are giving me a write error. (Basically made a screen for the user to change the datae/time instead of going through the terminal settings.
Using RS500
controller: Micrologix 1400
HMI: PV+700
Factory talk studio ME.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I did it by using the RTC of the PLC and writing that every minute or so to the HMI.

All System tags are read-only. All of them, including the clock.

In FT View open the application and look at the Global Connections macros section. Using that, you can remotely read the time in the PLC or remotely set the time as well. But you must configure Global Connection macros to do so.

OG

All System tags are read-only. All of them, including the clock.

In FT View open the application and look at the Global Connections macros section. Using that, you can remotely read the time in the PLC or remotely set the time as well. But you must configure Global Connection macros to do so.

OG

Hmm,strange. why is that i am able to change the time but not hours if its read only. Interesting.

Would you be able to explain how this macro works?
Thanks everyone for all your help.
Regards,

I was wondering if anyone knows why we cant change the date on an application using the system tags? I was able to use the system tags for time and that works fine. however, year,day and month are giving me a write error. (Basically made a screen for the user to change the datae/time instead of going through the terminal settings.
In the worst scenario, you can end with differents values for date&time in the HMI and PLC. Dependind of your application, that situation could affect the system's behavior or how the operator interprets the information provided by the HMI (for example, when an alarm was raised).

Usually, I have a screen to set the PLC's date&time. Periodically, a logic inside the PLC checks the HMI's date&time and set some new values if any difference is detected.

Look for Set up global connectios - Date and Time tab in your FTV help file.

In the worst scenario, you can end with differents values for date&time in the HMI and PLC. Dependind of your application, that situation could affect the system's behavior or how the operator interprets the information provided by the HMI (for example, when an alarm was raised).

Usually, I have a screen to set the PLC's date&time. Periodically, a logic inside the PLC checks the HMI's date&time and set some new values if any difference is detected.

Look for Set up global connectios - Date and Time tab in your FTV help file.
Thanks for the information, i will check it out. I believe the micrologic PLC has the internal clock. might have to do some digging on how to set it up on rs500

Im with you i setup a screen to change the date and time without having to close the HMI program and it will only change the time not the date.