PanelView plus 6, 7 - switch app by "ME Program Launcher"

Dynous

Hello,

My hardware: PV plus 6 firmware 8.20.
The panel has uploaded two applications. eg. App_1 and App_2.
I'm trying launch App_2 from App_1 .
I tried to use an ActiveX object "ME Program Launcher," which would call * .bat file.
I created two shorcuts in folder "My Documents"

App_1: where the command is: "\ Windows \ MERuntime.exe" "Application Data \ Rockwell Software \ RSView MERuntime \ App_1.mer" / r / o / delay.

App_2 where the command is: "\ Windows \ MERuntime.exe" "Application Data \ Rockwell Software \ RSView MERuntime \ App_2.mer" / r / o / delay.

I know that must be at one moment started only one application.
In * .bat file must first be terminated one application and then to start the second application.

I do not know how to close the application in first step.

I tried command "KP" (kill process) in the command line to terminate the process, but it is not a good way. After entering the screen turned off and ran restart PV.

Some solution???

Welcome to the forum Dynous.

You are on the right track. The PanelView Plus supports most of the basic DOS commands.
If you open the command prompt on the PVP you can run help to see a small list.

You will need to restart the PVP after you change the startup shortcut.
There is a EXE under \Windows (?) that will restart the PVP. But I forget what the name is at the moment. Take a look around there and you should find it.

Run that after the shortcut has been changed.
When the PVP restarts it will start into the new project.

Hello

thank you for your response.

I found the * .exe file to restart PVP: RebootSystem.exe. It works well.
But I couldn´t find where to change starup shortcut.

I haven´t got any ideas :)

Bye

It should be under Program Files\Startup. Without looking I don't remember the exact path.

Open the first project and then set it to start automatically in the configuration; save that shortcut link to another folder.
Do the same for the second project.

Then you should be able to copy over the shortcut that you want and restart the PVP.

So it is resolved

I share my solution.

1) Change startup app I made an entry into the registry.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Startup Options]
"CurrentApp"="\Application Data\Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime\App_2.mer"

2) Next, I created a batch file. Calling reg file then executes the command "Rebootsystem"

RegEdCe Windows\ME\App_1.reg

Rebootsystem.exe

3) And finally, I set the "ME Program launch" see. picture

xuMIR.jpg

These files must be created again for the second application with another entry in the register :)