PanelView Plus and .CRV Files

Foxtrot2050

Hello All!

Ok, we got a Work cell from a Integrator that is sending saved scanning data from the PLC to HMI (Panel View Plus) when I look at this in Factory View it shows the file location is \Temp\Template.csv but I am not sure how they are doing this exactly. I guess the biggest question I have is how do I edit this excel sheet? It is not saving the data in the right column's of the excel sheet it is producing and some of it is written incorrectly.

If my detective skills are correct the PLC is just pushing the data to the HMI and HMI is building this Excel sheet somehow. Any guidance would be appreciated.🍻

I'm taking a guess that the Integrator has used the Read Logix tag values to a .csv format recipe file function of the Recipe2 Enhanced ActiveX Control.
Haven't used this control myself, but I would expect that if this ActiveX has been used, the specification of what tag data is read, and where the data is stored in the .csv file will be in the ActiveX configuration.

In FactoryTalk View Studio ME (V12) , from the Menu open Help > Contents > FactoryTalk View ME Help
Then search ActiveX
First results describe how to use ActiveX controls
Scroll further down the results, and you should find:

1713071746030.png

Click on the Recipe 2 Enhanced ActiveX control to access the help on this ActiveX control.

1713071597796.png

@Mike__T I would agree with you, I am just wondering how to edit the excel document at this point. Looked through the forms and not seeing much insight on this topic.

I think I got this resolved, turns out the rabbit hole I went into showed me this file when I connected to it with a FTP Filezilla software. I was then able to make the desired changes.

Thanks @Mike__T for the push in the right direction.