AB Pico

olias

My AB dist. is trying to get me into using Pico for small apps. With my OEM discount, I can get a Micro 1000 for about the same price. I now have an app. that a Pico fits into nicely. However, after downloading the "free software" I find that the programming cable costs 75 bucks. Question is can I find a clone of a 1760-CBL-PM02 cheaper? I'd hate to buy cable for one use.

Thanx in advance,
M.A. Bell

In my opinion

We have a few of those Pico controllers showing up in our plant. One guy on days is particularly fond of them. In the majority of our opinion here though, they are a waste. The nice thing is that they are small. That is it. They are so limited with I/O that we don't see how it can be really cost effective. My suggestion is that unless you have some time and like to play around, shy away from them. It will just be something else for someone to learn later on when they are under the gun.

Russ