Fatcory Talk SE - VBA in Expressions

CCSTUART1

Hi,
I'm in tricky situation with SE. I'm fairly new to PLC programming / SE but very experienced in VB.

We have an HMI system which is network distributed. We have multiple tablets that connect to the server.

Some of the PLC / HMI logic requires us to know the name of the tablet, along with another variable that is only obtainable inside of VBA. (i.e CPU = Environ("Computername")).

I need to perform Expression logic on regular PLC tags AND these VBA variables. I cannot pass these VBA variables to the PLC to convert them to tags, or even to HMI tags, because these variables have to stay in the scope of the particular tablet instance.

I need to immediately be able to bring this "CPU" VBA variaible into a tag expression to evaluate / pass it along with real tags. I could do all of my HMI tag reads / writes / logic in VBA but our client does not like that.

Is there any way that I can, within one screen, set that VBA variable (CPU = Environ("Computername")) AND get "CPU" OUT of the VBA world and into a tag expression without needing to pass it to another screen as a /T parameter?

Thanks

I know of no way, as all tag communications to a device (PLC) are handled by the FT Server. Clients don't do anything except communicate with the server. The only exception is that VBA is run locally, but tag interactions with devices remain server based.