Change Size of Keypad in FactoryTalk View Version 13?

lunenburger

I have two identical machines running similar HMI projects, the only difference is one is done in FactoryTalk View Version 10 and the other is Version 13.

I have attached a picture of the standard FactoryTalk keyboard.

In version 10 the FactoryTalk keyboard fits on the screen.

Now in Version 13 of FactoryTalk, the keyboard is too large and does not fit on the screen.

Operators are complaining they can't log in.

I have tried to change the size, but can't find any settings.

I'm assuming you can't export the keyboard from FactoryTalk Version 10 and import it into Version 13....

Anyone have a fix for this one???

(I love how Rockwell is always improving their software)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• FTViewVersion10.jpg
    FTViewVersion10.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 28
  • FTViewVersion13.jpg
    FTViewVersion13.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 25
I would dig in to the panel view configurations from either the button on the HMI that gives you access or doing the restart and touching the HMI's "special place".

There try looking for default font size and try to change that first.
Maybe see if there is a resolution or keyboard type configuration. Typically not and if so its in the actual software not the panelview config.
I would be curious if the rotation is causing the glitch and would try a 180 and 90 degree rotation to see what happens. I notice the "identical" machines are rotated 180.

(I too find these "improvements" always a "fun" challenge)

This is a Windows 10 computer not a PanelView, so it is a SE project not a ME.

I can't find any settings at all when it comes to the imbedded Factorytalk View keyboard....

thanks

Try making the Windows display text size smaller.
For Windows 10, Start > Settings > Accessibility > Text Size

Looks like there is no Accessibility settings in Windows 10, just in Windows 11.

In Windows 10, in Advanced Display settings there is an option to change font size.
I reduced font size from 9 to 8 in headers and displays, but it made no change to the FactoryTalk View pop up keyboard.

thanks