old PLC 90-30 online problems

Hi everyone,

I have a Fanuc CPU 331 series 90-30 and some IN-OUT modules mounted in a 10 slot base-plate.

I have abig problem to go online with proficy machine edition v8 and versa pro v2.2

I thought that CPU was programmed with L90 software

Iam using gigaware usb to serial converter .

PLC CPU331 Make agood Communication with HMI UniOP. By using the same Communication prammter , go online is failed

Please help me to solve this problem

Hi All
COM Port is correct .I think the online communication problems with PLC firmware version.
The application is very old . I think also PL was programmed with logic master 90 software
Please help me to update firmware version to be able go online with proficy machine edition

The only way to update firmware on a CPU331 is a new EPROM chip. When you install the new chip you'll lose the program.
If your problem is truly a firmware issue, you will need to obtain Logicmaster software and use that to upload from the PLC. Then you can import the Logicmaster project file into Proficy Machine Edition.

The CPU331 version 4.50 or later is compatible with Proficy ME, which is IC693CPU331-P (that is -P or newer)
To be compatible with VersaPro you would need revision 8.1 or newer or IC693CPU331-CD or newer.

The CPU331 is no longer supported by GE the IC693CPU350 would be the closest replacement however today you will be better served for the future by updating to the RX3i platform.

Thanks All for your reply

My main problem to go oline with CPU331 to make troubleshooting online throught machine sequience . I tried to use Proficy Machine edtion and Versa Pro softwares, but i faild to make aconnction .COM port configration and communication prammter is correct .

Please hlep me to solve the connection problem and help me to download logicmaster 90 software