SoMachine communication

Camurate

Hi!
I'm wonking in a project that will have a Modicon M251 and a HMI HMISTU655. All the communication will be in modbus TCP/IP.

While our clients don't buy the PLC, HMI and the other equipaments (actuator for valves, etc) I want to simulate the communication between these equipaments using Modbus simulators.
Vijeo Disigner and SoMachine programms are in my virtual machine and the modbus simulators are not.

I was abble to simulate a communication (ethernet IP- Modbus TCP master and slave) between my HMI project and the modbus simulator using Vijeo Designer but i couldn't do the same with Somachine and the PLC project.

M251 will be the server and modbus simulator the client. Does anybody know if it's possible to do this? The slave address was set with my local computer IP. The Server address uses the virtual machine IP (where somachine is).

Thank you :oops:

Welcome to forum

Vijeo designer have two inbuild simulators. Panel simulator and panel simulator with device simulator.

With panel simulator you can simulate panel and connect simulated panel to real PLC (with PLC's IP) or to simulated PLC program with IP 127.0.0.1

Vijeo's device simulator simulates panel and gives screen where you can adjust all the variables without any PLC hardware

So I think that you don't need additional modbus simulators at all.

But if you try to make PLC to master, I think that simulator won't work. (simulated PLC can only be slave usually)

For testing PLC - valve communication you probably need real hardwire at least real PLC.