Modbus Bit Command

plcisgreat

I have a wago controller that will be setup for Modbus. We are using ETHERNET_MODBUSMASTER_TCP function block. I understand the modbus mapping structure, but I am struggling to understand or find an example of how to write a bit to, let's say, a Fwd/run command to a Yaskawa VFd.
Any help would be appreciated.
Glen

My last experience with Yaskawa was not bad but their manuals show the addresses in hexadecimal, and some of the wording was pretty poor engrish.

You normally would have messages that continuously repeat (with a little bit of time delay) to allow the drive to not fail on a communication loss. Your logic can then just alter the contents of the data being sent in order to vary the speed and command words.

Similar Topics

Hi, Im doing a project with a Power meter that offers Modbus TCP and each signal is a 32bit Float.¨ I tested the float in Modbus Poll and...
Replies
Views
The topic of reading or writing floating-point values via Modbus seems to come up regularly, and it is to my mind not that difficult. That said...
Replies
Views
Hi eveyone. I need transfer signal from system 1 to DCS via modbus. System 1 only can send 32 bit floating point. DCS receive 16 bit integer. How...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm using Compact Logix L33 in RSLogix 5000. I'm trying to message over modbus register that is 16bit UINT. In Rslogix 5000 do I message...
Replies
Views
Hello, First, please excuse my question I am new to Modbus. I have a CX-5140 control unit from Beckhoff and an instrumentation device that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom