Eb8000

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I downloaded EB8000 for a Weinview Display MT8070iH5, I can successfully download the application but can not get it to communicate with the PLC
I am using a 1747-L532 through a 1761 NET-ENI.
I am reading the EB8000 manual but am a little confused on Local/Remote-HMI/PLC, I will try a serial DF1 but would like to run these on a network.
I am passing the Weinview screen through a switch and can ping the address I put in it. I can see the SLC (NET-ENI) on the network in RS Logix an ping it as well so I am thinking Im not setting up the coms right in the Weinview. I am trying to program a button that I can see activate in the SLC
If anyone has a screen shot of the setup would be helpful, here is what I tried.
Thanks

WEINVIEW.JPG

Your location should be Local. Screenshots attached. These are from EB Pro, but should be the same. Did you download the Connection Guide?

2016-11-06 (3).jpg 2016-11-06 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Great.
If you had a second HMI, the PLC settings on the first (Local) are still the same.
On the second HMI the PLC setting is Remote, because you would be using the first HMI as a passthru. The address would be the first HMI.

I dont quite understand that. How is it passing through. I was planning on setting up 3 of these screens. I see that they only read N7-B3-F8 for what I need to do but I figured I could address each screen different. If they are all on the same Ethernet switch how does it know which one is Local passing through

I am using them as a big temperature readout in locations on machine. Main slc has analog reading IR sensors

For switches, I use momentary only. Clone software on both HMIs.
The local HMI is talking to the PLC via RS232.
On the second HMI, I change the PLC from Local to Remote, and set the IP address to the Local HMI.
Tie both HMIs together with an Ethernet cable.

Attached are screenshots from EB Pro using MT8071iE's. The PLC is a Automation Direct P2000.

Not sure how you would do the third HMI.

No need for different addresses for the HMI objects. The Remote HMI can read "N7-B3-F8", and the Local HMI can read it too.

Local1.jpg Local2.jpg Remote1.jpg Remote2.jpg

If I gave each HMI a unique address and ran then all through the Ehternet Switch would I make them all Local. I am running the single one Ethernet through a switch now and it works great

I don't think so. The EB Pro manual mentions multiple HMIs, but it isn't clear how to do what you want.

The data exchange with the PLC is reading and writing registers. I don't think multiple HMIs can do this without clashing. There should be a master (Local) HMI talking to the PLC. The other HMI's need to be set to Remote.

The NETENI supports up to 4 incoming connections, so I would try setting the other two HMIs with the same configuration. The only difference will be the IP address of the HMI, which you will set at the HMI.

Thanks, I was thinking this and I am also working with the Digi One modules to avoid the limitations of the NET-ENI. I will get a couple more screens to test.
None of my screens are duplicates each is for a specific purpose in that area.
Thanks Again

How would you set up comms for a a Micrologix 1500 using the serial cable.
I have tried both DF1 and DH485. Trying to establish comms so I can replace a Red Lion
Screen with a Weinview since I only need to read a few integer files.

the manual for EB8000 shows several ways here is one I tried but no success.

micrologix.jpg micrologix-1.jpg

You're showing Even parity. Default on a 1500 is None.
Do you know about the Default Communications button? Push it to turn on the DCOMM LED.

From 1500 manual:
Communications Toggle Push Button
The Communications Toggle Push Button is located on the processor. You
must remove processor door or DAT to access the Communications Toggle
Push Button.
Use the Communications Toggle Push Button to change from the
user-defined communication configuration to the default communications
configuration and back. The Default Communications (DCOMM) LED
operates to show when the controller is in the default communications mode
(settings shown on page 4-1).

TIP
The Communication Toggle Push Button must be
pressed and held for two seconds to activate.
The Communication Toggle Push Button only affects
the communication configuration of Channel 0.

Last edited:
I have tried various combinations and this morning looking up the PM-02 cable pin out it looks like I should be using the attached set-up
Attached is comms set up in MicroLogix, Wienview Manual on Rockwell DF1 setup, & EB8000 Program Comms set up. I thought I tried this combination as well but will test again.
If I set up the User Defined comms in the MicroLogix the same as default I should be OK ?
Thanks

channel-0.jpg manual-coms.jpg MT8070iH.jpg