SLC 5/05 Clock

PlastekGroup

Hey everyone I'm adding some code to a program to keep track of the date and time when a system is enabled and disabled.

I'm using the status bits S:37 - S:42 and will set them when I'm ready to download this program. However I'm unsure if the PLC will still keep track of time if the power is ever turned off on it, does anyone know?

I know the backup battery is optional for holding programs longer than a month, but is it required for keeping track of time with the power off?

Yes, the battery is required for the SLC PLC to maintain the clock, but on battery the clock is nowhere near as accurate over long periods of time.

Similar Topics

I was online a SLC5/04 yesterday and one thing I did was go to processor properties and set the date and time to get the PLC clock current. It...
Replies
Views
Hello I was needing to stop one device and start the second device at a certain time each day, for example 10:00 am each day. I thought the best...
Replies
Views
I have an application that requires the correct time controlling of some outputs, but during testing have discovered the SLC 5/03's clock looses a...
Replies
Views
I have a question from a customer about a site, where he wants a new control panel, which he wants the PLC to link to their SCADA via Modbus...
Replies
Views
I've been looking for a listing of clock cycles each instruction uses for the SLC and micrologix instruction set. The purpose of this is to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom