Interposing relay connection to plc

It would help someone help you if you could provide the forum with the PLC you have and the digital output/input module your using.

Are you trying to control the relay with an output or are you trying to connect the relay's contacts to an input?

Last edited:
Thank for your kind reply mickey...

we are using MITSUBISHI FX5U-32MT/ES TYPE PLC..

we are in need to control the Permanent magnet dc motor through DC contactor via interposing relay..

so we need to connect the relay to plc output port and then
the relay output is going to control the motor contactor...
could you help me in this occasion...

how to connect relay to plc output side help us

we are in need to control the Permanent magnet dc motor through DC contactor via interposing relay..

I am not familiar with your PLC, but I am sure those that are will jump in.

See pdf

Last edited:
sir,
in our PLC input side we are having only the ports name called x0,x1,x2,etc.,,but in sensors we are having 3 wire pins...the output of the sensor we can give it to xo,x1,x2...but power supply to sensor there is no port....

one second thank you mickey...
i have seen this pdf..i got cleared in output side of plc...
onemore help sir...
how to connect the more no. of. sensors in input side...
could you send me the one more pdf file for input side of plc...mickey

Thank you

Okay, the X01, X02, etc are inputs. Outputs have a Y01, Y02 designation.

You want to wire on the relay:

PLC Output - A1
24V Power Supply (-) - A2

That will pull your coil in when the output turns on.

Where did the "sensor" come in?

sir,
in our PLC input side we are having only the ports name called x0,x1,x2,etc.,,but in sensors we are having 3 wire pins...the output of the sensor we can give it to xo,x1,x2...but power supply to sensor there is no port....

Your questions are so vague. Are you trying to connect input sensors or output relays?

Yo,y1, these are the outputs from PLC..sir there only I could connect the relay...I need to control this motor contactor...
Is the motor contactor and relay in your case same thing. You connect one side to PLC outputs and other to Motor?

Okay, the X01, X02, etc are inputs. Outputs have a Y01, Y02 designation.

You want to wire on the relay:

PLC Output - A1
24V Power Supply (-) - A2

That will pull your coil in when the output turns on.

This gentleman just told you. What is the issue in that?