Harmony file problems

wperriman

Deleting the Harmony files is a pretty standard first-step for alot of Rockwell communication problems but I recently had an interesting experience that was un-expectedly linked to RsLinx Harmony files.
Attempting to use ControlFlash to set the firmware on a brand new CompactLogix controller and the fault "Connected module is in the incorrect mode to flash". The keyswitch was in the Program state and I was surprised to find out that this problem was linked to the Harmony file. When I deleted it and re-started RsLinx I was able to flash the firmware without an issue.

I thought I would share this and possibly save someone else some time.

Cheers and Keep up the good work.

Similar Topics

Morning All, Have just had another Update that has dropped my Harmony.rsc file again. (second time in two days). However this time it has been a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Working on one of my client's systems with SLC processors, earlier today she called me and said she was having comms errors, had a solid...
Replies
Views
So I just had a update on Windows 10 on two separate PC's and both are failing on RSWho anyone else having the issue? Both are the same issue...
Replies
Views
Can any one tell me why the max Tieback is 4095 ?and what's the harmony service because I had a problem with the RSlinx and I checked the harmony...
Replies
Views
There are several posts on fixing random RSLinx glitches by removing "harmony" .hrc and .rsh. A post on mrplc brought back this issue. It seems...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom