HMI to HDTV

cmgrath7093

I currently have an 1768-l43s CompactLogix5343S Safety Controller.
I am currently using an PVPlus 700/1000 to display the needed information to the team members. My issue is that the team members and the back of the machine can not see the HMI. I am wanting to use a second HMI to display the messages that I need them to be able to see and send that screen to an HDTV mounted above the control panel. Any suggestions as to what HMI to use or of any HMI products with HDMI outputs?

I currently have an 1768-l43s CompactLogix5343S Safety Controller.
I am currently using an PVPlus 700/1000 to display the needed information to the team members. My issue is that the team members and the back of the machine can not see the HMI. I am wanting to use a second HMI to display the messages that I need them to be able to see and send that screen to an HDTV mounted above the control panel. Any suggestions as to what HMI to use or of any HMI products with HDMI outputs?

You'd probably need to use a PC based system instead of a dedicated HMI. I can't imagine too many embedded (windows CE) type devices with the graphics oomph for an external screen.

Red lion PTV. Kind of pricey but has an HDMI output and the programming software is free. Easy to program and set up communications.

Is your HMI a pc?
Can't you use a regular HDTV and use the HDMI port and a DVI (or vga) to HDMI converter from the pc? Your pc may even have a HDMI out.

There is a new product on the AdvancedHMI web site designed exactly for this purpose. It is a 10" touch screen panel PC with an HDMI output that can be connected to an HDTV. You can create an AdvancedHMI application to act as the main HMI, then add a 2nd form that would display on the TV.

As full disclosure I do have vested interest in AdvancedHMI, so I hope this does not cross the line of advertising.

Using Advanced HMI really does open up a whole lot of possibilities and it’s pretty easy to use. And, because you would be using a PC you could come up with as many HDMI outputs as you need (I’ll let Archie chime in if there is a limit to the number of monitors/TV’s that are supported by Advanced HMI).

And, because you would be using a PC you could come up with as many HDMI outputs as you need (I’ll let Archie chime in if there is a limit to the number of monitors/TV’s that are supported by Advanced HMI).
Only limited by your hardware and Windows. I have read Windows allowing at least 10 monitors. AdvancedHMI will let you create as many forms as you want and they can all be placed on the various monitors in any arrangement.

Just a thought, but the PanelView HMI includes FactoryTalk ViewPoint. That lets you view/control HMI screens from a web browser.
A large TV with a small PC (or thin client) on the back could run that no problem.

You will have to buy a TV and PC box (or thin client) anyway. So just hook it up and use the HMI project that you already have.
Why add an extra HMI into your engineering and maintenance?

I've just bought one of these which I intend to use with Advanced HMI to run a small SCADA application

intelcomputestick2016-640x427-c.jpg