Air Conditioning for HMI

cm-nonwov

Hello All,
I've been tasked with automating a flatbed press that runs with some pretty extreme temperatures. I've been told it can run close to 120F at the current (relay controlled) control panel. I am going to mount the PLC in a room that is very close by that has AC, and the drives are getting mounted across the room in a fan cooled cabinet. They want to mount the HMI (I want to use a cmt3072xht from Weintek) right were the old controls were. I'm concerned that it won't last long over there without some sort of cooling. I'm not sure how helpful mounting a fan to the side of it's 14x"18"x6" enclosure would be, given the ambient temperatures.
A few years before I got here, they had an outside company come in and do an estimate on the same job, and they list using a similar HMI too, so I know that at least one other entity was going to try this setup.
Any ideas on how to cool the inside of that box? Any one know of a tiny air conditioner?
Thanks

There are air powered vortex coolers that will do the job, but they can be noisy and use compressed air. Enclosure manufacturers usually have AC units as an option.

Vortex coolers are simple to install, but be sure the hose is clamped tight and secured in the panel. I once had one blow off and condensation from the air system dumped right into the top of a Compactlogix.

I have been looking for justification to try one of these thermoelectric coolers, but haven't had the need yet:

Vortex coolers are simple to install, but be sure the hose is clamped tight and secured in the panel. I once had one blow off and condensation from the air system dumped right into the top of a Compactlogix.

I have been looking for justification to try one of these thermoelectric coolers, but haven't had the need yet:

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! I'm gonna give that thermoelectric cooler a go because I have such a small space to cool. Maths out about right *crosses fingers*