Conformal Coating/Repair - Powerflex 755

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I'm replacing a terminal block on the inverter board for a 755. I'm wondering if anyone knows what conformal coating would be best? I'm not really trying to protect against environmental factors. These drives sit in a nice 65 degree, climate and humidity controlled electrical room. I just want to keep my solder points clean. I'm not sure if there are issues with any of them interacting with the PCB, flux or solder. Figured someone might have some insight.

An acrylic type conformal coating will give protection and not be super dificult to rework in the future. We used to use that almost all the time.
Silicone i believe is more difficult to clean and clear.

Techspray

Similar Topics

Does anyone know if AB offers the conformal coating option on their SLC 500 processors, chassis backplanes, and I/O cards? How much does this add...
Replies
Views
Are Micrologix components conformally coated or are they available coated as an option? I tried searching Rockwell's site, but came up with nothing.
Replies
Views
Hello people, I've got what seems to me to be a pretty straightforward automation project I'd like to run past you, since it's my first motion...
Replies
Views
Hi Team, I am working on one Paper Coating machine, My Winder, infeed, Coater and Unwinder is runnning through ABB's ACS550 VFD, My winder is...
Replies
Views
I notice that a lot of printed circuit boards have a clear coating on part or all of the board. Can anyone tell me what it Is and is that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom