HMI with integrated I/O

mutts

Can anyone recommend an HMI device with integrated I/O and controller? Preferably on the cheaper side but I do realise you get what you pay for.. with a minimum of two analogue in and 2 out? Free configuration software would also be a major plus..

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

the mutts

Didn't Red Lion just release one? I thought I saw a thread about that a couple of weeks back...

You can try Unitronics or Horner (world leaders in HMI+PLC), but I find their HMI software is quite basic. Those are a good PLC with I/O that just happens to also have HMI.
Horner which I have done quite a few projects with have a very decent HMI. They also offer the same "Symbol" library that the other major players offer.
If you allow registers to drive your screen object(s) you can create quite animated screens and such.
Hidden buttons, numeric & text displays, pop up windows, system status, SD card functions, recipe editors, graphs, etc are part of the package.

Horner00.jpg Horner01.jpg Horner02.jpg

Didn't Red Lion just release one? I thought I saw a thread about that a couple of weeks back...

The Graphite has the capability to add I/O modules to the back, which can then be controlled using scripting in Crimson. It's not as flexible or fast as true PLC control.

I don't know when it will be released, but they will soon have a PLC module for the Graphite as well.