Cheap HMI-panel with integrated controller?

najsel

I'm looking for a cheap and a nice looking HMI-panel with an integrated PLC. The main criterias are:

* A nice platform for the interface, scripting possibilities is a main criteria.

* The programming interface must be productive, and the possibilites must include functions to be able to reuse code.

Give me some suggestions! :D

http://www.unitronics.com/
Any system you want is driven by your needs
The cheapest may not do what u want -
please mention your I/O requirements and
HMI Panel size requirement

Also look at Mitsubishi

Horner may be what you need.
HMI & Controller combo.
Comes with a lethora of build in drivers for you to choose as far as communications go.
www.heapg.com
Once on the site click on the European mirror site.
They offer IEC programming enviroment and such.
Not scripting though but for the price it may worth a look

Formerly Micro Innovations, now Eaton XV series panels. We use XV-102's and XV-432's; both are quite powerful, easy to use and are driven by freee Galileo/CoDeSys software.

I didn't know Galileo was free. When we have used it without registering, the application stops after 2 hours or something like that :unsure:

Registration is free. I've not paid a single cent for the last 3 versions, all fully registered. I also forgot to mention, the VX series panels do not actually come with built in I/O. We use XNE gateways over Ethernet or CANOpen for I/O or distributed I/O.

Isn't there anyone with better interface graphics? It's feels like going back 10-15 years in time.

A second wish would be that the interface must have the ability to create own graphical objects, instead of using the old looking ones that's already intergrated in the HMI-tool.

If we're taking Citect for example (wich is pretty expensive) has this great opportunity to sort of do what u want with scripting and great tools for giving all objects loads of visual settings.

A plattform similar to Citect with the same capabilities but much cheaper is what i'm looking for.

Btw, thanks for all the tips!

In terms of graphic/aesthetic quality there is very little that will even come close to Citect.

If you find a great platform for the price of a cheap one let us know. we are few looking for that but i think there is not much low cost device having the power of the much more expensive ones...At some points, you got what you've paid for...

Unitronics is probably the closer option to your needs

Hi NAJSEL
I asked you what you needed - I/O etc.
OK
Save us any more waisted posts to this thread
1. HOW MANY I/O
2. WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET
3. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY CHEAP

A windows CE screen 19(inch) will be the answer - BUT you said CHEAP!!!!

We are trying to give you what u asked for..

TELL US YOUR REQUIREMENTS PLEASE

Last edited:
Hi NAJSEL
I asked you what you needed - I/O etc.
OK
Save us any more waisted posts to this thread
1. HOW MANY I/O
2. WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET
3. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY CHEAP

A windows CE screen 19(inch) will be the answer - BUT you said CHEAP!!!!

We are trying to give you what u asked for..

TELL US YOUR REQUIREMENTS PLEASE

Number of I/O would depend, about 8 DO and 4 AI. Only the HMI-panel we have right now is an old VIPA panel running Windows CE 5.0, costs around 1600$, wich is quite expensive if we look at the hardware and the developement tool. Ontop of that er're using a VIPA controller (CPU115) wich is very cheap but does it's work, (programmable with Step7).

I think 19" would probably be quite big, around 14" sounds more reasonable.

Best regards,
Alex

I am familiar with the VIPA - built by former siemens engineers.
Unfortunalely as soon as you go more than 2 analogue it gaet expensive.
look at DELTA - Plc
OR Panasonic with Red Lion Screen - the screen is universal like proface so it is capable to talk to most PLC's

The only way you are going to improve graphics is with a windows based or higher res. screen.
This puts you up market - like 2k plus

Last edited: