convert c200HE TO CQM OMRON PLC

ajay34

Hello..all

i have 1 project to upgrade C200HE to CQM1 omron plc ..need expert suggestion

been told to change old model to CQM! model ..which i have couple of doubt .
1) currently C200HE i have connect with WINCC FLEXIBALE (HMI CONTROL)
it is working good .
i wanted to convert C200HE to CQM1 plc..but than does any have idea does wincc flexibale able to connect with CQM1 type plc .

2)for I/O i do know the I/O adress will change when we convert to CQm1 i meaning was can i do 1 to 1 PLC ladder from C200HE to CQM1.does anything important i have note i have pay attetion

3) other than CQM1 does any model able to be replace ..also thinking about using RSLOgix but didnt know it will work with wincc felxiable ..

I would not even consider doing that - the CQM1 has been dead for years!
I would change it to a CS1 - change the rack, power supply and processor and CX-Programmer will automatically convert the program for you - you can even use the old I/O cards.
There may be some adjustment required to addressing, analogues and the like depending on the cards in the old PLC.

I would not even consider doing that - the CQM1 has been dead for years!
I would change it to a CS1 - change the rack, power supply and processor and CX-Programmer will automatically convert the program for you - you can even use the old I/O cards.
There may be some adjustment required to addressing, analogues and the like depending on the cards in the old PLC.

hai bob ..thank god you infom me about ..now i aware of it ..
regarding CS1 ..any other info you have on it ...i would to see it and go thru it

1 more question ...if i change to CS1 type plc ..can i used the old I/O module ..OD216,ID216 and backplane will it be same ..

I did mention you can use the old cards. For info join myomron.com - it is free and you can pick up all the manuals there.

I second Bob's suggestion of the CS1. An upgrade from C200 to CS1 is quite easy. Make sure you get the backplanes that accept both C200 and CS1 modules. The IO addressing will change, but if you plan it carefully a few search and replaces will take care of that in a matter of minutes.

Depending on the cards used in the old PLC you may not even have to change I/O addresses - have done the conversion before.

Depending on the cards used in the old PLC you may not even have to change I/O addresses - have done the conversion before.
Trying to remember the details.... doesn't the main CPU rack change addresses by default even on standard cards unless you go in and set the start address explicitly? I seem to remember the default address of the first slot being 2000, but you can change that some where in the CX-Programmer.

Also I think racks connected through RM201-RT202 modules start at a different address based on their node number.

Standard card addresses remain the same. Special I/O cards may have to be manipulated though and analogue cards require some work.
default standard digital card addresses start at channel 0 as in the C200 series.

hai...i had read thru the replacement guide manual...it seem i confuse
reharding I/O and Back plane..it does mention can be used but than also there is columm
mention have to be change ..
BOB seem u had done it before ..can you help me work it out..i fully understand regarding the power supply card and CPU .but confuse about backplane and I/O

Standard card addresses remain the same. Special I/O cards may have to be manipulated though and analogue cards require some work.
default standard digital card addresses start at channel 0 as in the C200 series.
I pulled my file from a conversion project done 10 years ago to refresh my memory. I do now see all of the standard card addresses stay the same. On the job I did, the first rack was all specialty IO (mostly 32 point IO), so the addresses changed from the 100 range to the 2000 range. The search and replace allows you to enter ranges, so it made it extremely easy. For instance to convert all of my specialty module address I put in to search for "100-171", then to replace it with "2000-2071". In less than a minute, the program addresses were all converted.

You also need to buy the backplane that will take the older cards - the other backplane is for new cards only. Contact your Omron office and they can give you the correct part numbers.