Red Lion Productivity Station as a HMI?

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
Looking at a new project using a Productivity Station and have a question:
Can I use the PTV as a HMI? I would like to use a mouse as the "Finger" to point and click on items on the TV screen.

I have tried to connect a USB mouse to the demo unit I have but can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Attached is the Crimson DB I am using. I just put a simple switch on the display and a red light that comes on when the switch is turned on.

I can get this to work via the website but not with the mouse connected to the PTV and using a TV.

Thanks for any help.

I looked into using the ProducTVity for a recent project, and was told that a mouse should work on it. However, I needed both keyboard and mouse, and they said that wouldn't work. Also, the price was too much for the application.

I ended up using a Maple Systems (Weintek) RMI5001. The programming was nowhere near as nice as Crimson, but it did everything I needed it to do, was able to handle both keyboard and mouse using a USB hub, and cost a fraction of the ProducTVity.