1734sc-IF4CH Hart Enabled Analog Input Card

ds7891

Hi all,

I am having a heck of a time trying to understand how to message to a HART enabled flow meter using the Spectrum Controls 4 Ch. Analog Input card.

Does anyone have any examples of this that they could send me? I am using a Control Logix with a 1734-AENT remote ethernet rack.

I am reading my PV, SV, and TV just fine from the Endress ProMag, but I want to send a command to clear the net totalizer. The Spectrum manual is a bit over my head when it comes to CIP messaging.

Thanks!

What is the model number of the Spectrum AI card ?

If possible post a link to the manual.

Oops yes I spotted it, lol

Last edited:
I think you will need to ask Endress & Hauser how to perform this function.

Or you could use the PLC to "tare" the totaliser by storing the current value, and subtracting it from subsequent values - that would give the effect of clearing the totaliser.

I think you will need to ask Endress & Hauser how to perform this function.

Or you could use the PLC to "tare" the totaliser by storing the current value, and subtracting it from subsequent values - that would give the effect of clearing the totaliser.

Ya, I gave Spectrum a call and they had no one that could help and directed me to Rockwell Tech. After calling Rockwell Tech....lol, the didn't even no what HART was. ROFL!!

I did call E+H today and they provided the attached.

E&H.jpg

Ya, I gave Spectrum a call and they had no one that could help and directed me to Rockwell Tech. After calling Rockwell Tech....lol, the didn't even no what HART was. ROFL!!

I did call E+H today and they provided the attached.

It's too grainy to see, but did it help you ?

Ya, I gave Spectrum a call and they had no one that could help and directed me to Rockwell Tech.
Thanks for that tidbit. I've had people ask me about alternatives to A-B HART enabled AI cards. Knowing that Spectrum makes a HART enabled AI card for which they can not provide any HART support is worth knowing and passing along.

Dan