Fix32 v7.0 data export to excel

Hal9000

Hi

A customer of mine is running Fix32 v7.0 and has asked if there is any way the historical data can be exported into excel. As it stands the data is only being represented on trend displays. I've had a good look around and can't see any export facility.

The data seems to be logging to .h24 files, one file per day in the c:\fix32\hdr folder.

Is there any export tool available that can do the conversion to say .csv?

Best regards

Hmm, I haven't worked w/ Fix in a few years, wasn't there an application HTD2CSV.exe to do just that? Might need to check w/ your GE rep on getting a copy.

Thanks Dravik, I'll ask the question. They'll probably say they don't support the legacy product. Worth asking though.

Many thanks.

Moving forward, If you don't want to keep logging like that, You can setup ODBC logging to SQL or somesuch. I'd have to look and see if I still have the manuals to know how that's setup.

We used both to enable both the internal charting and long term storage.