Studio 5000 v30 and FTView v9

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

It seems that v30 of Studio 5000 and v9 of FTView were released this month, both of them now with official support for Windows 10.

Anyone had a chance to play with them yet?

Well after 15 clicks, a validation, 5 tabs, 2 popups and no regard for my available hard drive space, it's downloading. We'll see...

edit: that was for Studio 5k, I don't have the patients for FTVS.

Well after 15 clicks, a validation, 5 tabs, 2 popups and no regard for my available hard drive space, it's downloading.

Only 15 clicks? Luxury!

I should probably raise the very important point I found buried in the release notes about v30, which basically says that if you install v30 on a 32-bit OS, v23 and below will stop working.

Also, on any OS, once you install v30, v23 and below will fail to install. So, for the age-old debate of "which order do we install RSLogix in?" we now have a valid reason to say "oldest to newest" 🔨

I should probably raise the very important point I found buried in the release notes about v30, which basically says that if you install v30 on a 32-bit OS, v23 and below will stop working.

Ooooof course it does. Classic.

edit: There's some notes way down at the bottom of the release notes that says "Contact Rockwell Automation Support for instructions on disabling the Logix Designer Start page on versions 23 or earlier. Disabling the Start page allows the Logix Designer application to start and run."

So maybe if you disable that horrible start page, maybe they'll run. I may have to experiment with that.

Last edited: