Monitor Remote IO AENT + all cards | Studio 5000 | 1769-L30ER v30

moistcat

Hi All, apologies I don't have access to a remote IO module to test this out.

I have a number of remote IO blocks, each with approx 8 IO cards installed.
I wanto throw an alarm if an error is detected on any of the cards.

Usually I have used the GSV.Module.RIO_1100A.EntryStatus, and compared it to 16#4000 (16384 = RUNNING). - see attached screeenshot.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If I wanted to check for a fault on any of the attached cards, can I find this anywhere in the AENTR Module class? Or will i have to use GetSysValue on each of the cards individually?

Cheers!

ladder.png IOTREE.png

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I think you have read the EntryStatus via GSV for each Compact i/O module individually.

Check to see if the later firmware for the 1769-AENT supports a Rack Optimized connection for the adapter.

I know that for the 1734 and 1794 adapters, the presence of a Rack Optimized connection also gets you an AdapterName.Slot tag with 32 bits, and each of those tells you the connection status of the module.

I have used those for "is the module present in the chassis" but not for "is the module experiencing a diagnostic condition".

As far as I can tell, the 1769-AENTR is logically transparent and doesn't have its own tags, just the ones associated with each slot.

I haven't used the 1769-AENTR in real life, so I can't give much more than informed speculation, unfortunately.

...I think you have read the EntryStatus via GSV for each Compact i/O module individually.

Check to see if the later firmware for the 1769-AENT supports a Rack Optimized connection for the adapter...

I'm with Ken. You'll need a GSV for each module. The AENTR does not support Rack Optimization.

When using Rack Optimization, the communications module gathers all input and status data from the modules in its chassis and sends all of that data back to the controller. The controller doesn't actually talk with the individual modules. It only talks with the communications module. When it wants to turn on an output, that data is sent to the comms module where it is then passed on to the specific output module. As part of this setup a bool status tag is automatically created for each slot in the remote chassis. The communications module checks the status of each module and stores that status in a tag that is automatically sent to the controller with all of the regular input data. All we have to do then is monitor these bool status tags.

However, In your setup, because Rack Optimization is not available, your controller makes a direct connection to each module. The communications module does not collect information on the modules in its chassis. It simply facilitates the connection. So the only way to get that status information is to have a GSV for each module.

OG

Last edited: