Remote Access to PLC to monitor and control?

asteroide

Hello friends

I have a water level control, with ML1400 and PanelView1000 through Ethernet.

I need to monitor and control this simple machine from home o from everywhere.

In another project I used a "local PC" in the plant with a LabVIEW application and NIOPCServers, then from home with my Laptop I get connected to the "local PC" and I could monitor and control the project.

Is it possible to do the same, without a "local PC"?

What do you recommend?

Is there another option? :idea:

Could I use another OPC and Software ?

Thanks in advance.

You could setup a network bridge between the internet and your devices and setup your PC to use that as a gateway but the only problem with that is you'd need to use port forwarding and open the firewall to allow non-local PC's to connect to it. Which means anyone can connect to it.

Typically IMO I'd have a local PC and use teamviewer or something like that to remotely connect to that PC on the local network. But at the end of the day it depends on how secure you want that network.

You can use **** Cosy131 to connect to machines remotely. I have used few different brands and this is far better than the other brands I used so far for money and simplicity. Price is Aus$770. You can set it up to use factory ADSL or GSM to make the remote connection. You dont need a PC on site to connect.
More info here
http://wiki.****.biz/COSY/Cosy131

replace the **** with e w o n (without the spaces). e w o n is a dirty word here for some reason.

There are a lot of wired and cellular VPN bridges available to the industrial market. I've used ones from ProSoft and RedLion in the past with good success. (Controlling a remote machine in Rhode Island from California via cellular)