Remote PLC/HMI access 4G/WiFi/LAN

Another vote for StrideLinx. Very easy to use, setup each company and the devices within those companies. Grant access to features as needed.

For a fee you can enable cloud logging and create a dashboard that shows some key data points. This would probably be useful, I've found most users that I've worked with never log in after I leave. I think the two step process of connecting to VPN and then opening remote HMI is too much. One click/app would be better.

Another vote for stridelinx! Supports mobile apps, two factor authentication. Managing multiple companies/clients couldn’t be easier. No recurring fees after initial purchase. No requirement for static ip addy at customer site.VNC support.

I’m not an IT guy, nor do I want to be. I want something easy to deploy that is secure. This checks all the boxes.

Hello guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or can identify what I am doing wrong here. I have bought a TP link router to connect to my 1756 plc network (192.18.1.1 — 192.18.51.1) via Ethernet. I have configured the router as an access point with static ip( 192.18.1.100) with a subnet of 255.255.0.0 same as my plc network. I have dhcp enabled with a gateway 192.18.1.0. When I open rs links an my ip driver configured to my wifi card, I can briefly see the list of processors for but then they have a Red Cross through them. I can’t ping any processors on the network either I just get a reply from my laptop. My laptop is set up as dhcp for my wifi card and I get the address 192.18.1.245

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Ideally, go back to the main Q&A page and click the green "Start a New Thread" button to create your own new thread. That old thread about remote access gateways was only tangentially related to your challenges with a WiFi Access Point connected to your automation network.

The first question, I think, is why you're using a subnet mask that gives you a Class B network, instead of the far more common 192.168.1.x Class C network.

The second question is whether your PC can browse all the controllers if you're plugged in hardwired to the network.