Modicon M580 and RIO variables

JOrg

Hi everyone. I use Unity Pro XL (hardware is Modicon M580 + BMECRA31210 adn input/outputs modules) and I am trying to rename DDT variable as I need this, for example there is MOD_DIS_16_1.DIS_CH_IN[0].VALUE and I need to conver it to di_M1_di0 I can not figure out how to do this, now it is 3 day when I stock in this. Please help!!!

I tried to create structure data type but in this case I can use this variabli only for internal operation, another thing is made REF_TO BOOL and assing value REF(MOD_DIS_16_1.DIS_CH_IN[0].VALUE) but compiler give me this error {Variables & FB instances} : Initial value type doesn't match with reference type. : di_M1_di0

another thing what I tried is set for variable name di_M1_di0 data type "REF_TO EBOOL" and value REF(MOD_DIS_16_1.DIS_CH_IN[0].VALUE) and compiler give me an error again

Analyzing...
{Variables & FB instances} : The access rights of the initial value are not compatible. : di_M1_di0
{Ethernet Network} : Global modbus and EIP network bandwidth: Input=0,12% - Output=0,13% (limit is set to 77,00%)
Project settings disabled : Maintain output links on disabled EF (EN=0)
{Variables & FB instances} : The access rights of the initial value are not compatible. : di_M1_di0
Process failed : 2 Error(s) , 0 Warning(s)

If it the latest version or 1 back I think you have to remap them. I was unable to rename and had to remap.

Yep same version I think - M580 as well - same as I had. The Modbus tag name is greyed out and you cannot modify it. Remap to internal I/O where you can change the name. Cannot be clearer than that.

Sorry I am new with Scheider, how it is Remap to internal I/O? where I can find it, can you give me some manual for this. Thanks.

Cannot - on holidays and do not have software and the like with me I am afraid. I think it was set up internal bits and link to the card - a word of bits if I remember rightly that way you can link the whole word and give each bit a name and description - while ago. I do not usually use Schneider.

I don't have Unity with me right now so I can't verify if this method is what you're looking for, but have you tried using aliasing to link your DDT variable to your user-created variable. Schneider has a detailed how-to video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nuqX7qePWg. However, if it's just one tag you can do this manually inside Unity and just fill out the Alias column by yourself (bypassing all the Excel steps).

Last edited:
Does Schneider have some online support like Siemens Industry Support where users can find answers and ask questions?

Thank you Scrambled, I'm trying to do this Exel things, becouse there is about 100 inputs and outputs.

Last edited:
Does Schneider have some online support like Siemens Industry Support where users can find answers and ask questions?

For PLC stuff, not that I'm aware of. However, this forum is generally pretty good for any basic Modicon questions. If the Excel stuff gives you grief, you can always just do everything manually within Unity Pro, which will be slower but will give you the same result in the end.

Last edited:
Thank a lot I finish with tahat task by using exel tool. Usualy I use Siemens and Schneider is new for me, and I have another question: how to write diagnostic for CRA module, and more specifically how to work with words and byts. Maybe it would be better open new post.

P.S. Yes this forum very helpful thanks a lot everybody and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year