FactoryTalk View ME old mer Revs

michev

What is the latest version of FT View ME that will create a 3.0 runtime file with security accounts?

I guess maybe I should clarify a little bit. I have an application I uploaded from an older PanelView Plus running FW 3.0. My FactoryTalk View ME is 8.1. I need to downgrade/reinstall an older version of FactoryTalk to allow me to produce a 3.0 runtime with security accounts. I don't want to flash the PanelView due to the customer's ability to connect & modify to newer firmware.

I am 95% sure that FTView View ME 6.0 lets you create a 3.0 file
50% sure that FTView ME 7.0 lets you create a 3.0 file

FTView 8.0 and newer definitely will NOT create 3.0 file.

And just as a side note, Rockwell seems to have dropped the existence of version 3.0
It was not a good release. If your PanelView runs fine on 3.0, okay. But if you have any issues at all, then I highly encourage an upgrade to 3.2 (which then also lets you use the newer FTView Studio to build those files).

I found a Tech bulletin that eluded to rev 5.1 being the magic number. This seems to work (not fully tested). There was a bit of downgrading of other supporting programs to make FTV 5.10 work. Problems I have encountered so far include setting up the Runtime Security and the Communications while offline.

If I find this info to be incorrect, I'll post an update, otherwise 5.10 produced the needed 3.0 Runtime.