S5 Download problem.

shamushoy

Hi,
After losing my plc program due to powerdown and back up battery failure, I have experienced problems downloading the said program from the Siemens PG 720 programmer. A messge saying block transfer unsuccessful `AS active, deactivate` appears, any ideas would be appreciated, many thanks.

Hello shamushoy;

I would interpret the message you recive as "Please put the CPU in Stop mode before downloading". That was required with old S5-150Us.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

S595U

Hi,
If I remember correctly you must first remove the battery, then power on then switch from stop to run a couple of times then back to run,
insert the battery whith power still on then put into stop.
There seems to be something about clearing down the ram + initial boot up, I know this works on a new processor as I once had the same problem.