Count True BOOL in Array, M340 PLC, with Unity Pro.

Nablar

I am trying to make a function that count the number of True BOOL inn a specific Array and return the count to an INT AlarmArrayActiveAlarms.
I have tried the following, but the INT AlarmArrayActiveAlarms just keeps counting forever if one BOOL is True.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? in this case i would expect the INT to return 3.

I am using a Modicon M340 PLC, with Unity Pro.

Code:
AlarmTrigger: ARRAY[0..200] OF BOOL
AlarmArrayCounter :INT
AlarmArrayActiveAlarms: INT

AlarmTrigger[73] := true;
AlarmTrigger[74] := true;
AlarmTrigger[75] := true;

FOR AlarmArrayCounter:=0 TO 200 DO

IF AlarmTrigger[AlarmArrayCounter] = True THEN 
		AlarmArrayActiveAlarms := AlarmArrayActiveAlarms + 1;
	END_IF;

END_FOR;

Been a while since I did ST in M340's but are you not trying to compare a Boolean with an array of INTs? + it will keep counting as true if this is the case on every scan as you have loaded the Alarm Triggers as true (for test purposes?)
above the Loop.

Each Scan will see
Then execute the loop

I think........

I never used that PLC but...

a) You need to be sure that AlarmArrayActiveAlarms is being initialized to zero before running the FOR loop.

b) I'd use an auxiliar variable to count the alarms and copy the final value to AlarmArrayActiveAlarms.

Been a while since I did ST in M340's but are you not trying to compare a Boolean with an array of INTs? + it will keep counting as true if this is the case on every scan as you have loaded the Alarm Triggers as true (for test purposes?)
above the Loop.

Each Scan will see
Then execute the loop

I think........

I'm trying to compare the bool individual, and count the one that are True.

I am trying to make a function that count the number of True BOOL inn a specific Array and return the count to an INT AlarmArrayActiveAlarms.
I have tried the following, but the INT AlarmArrayActiveAlarms just keeps counting forever if one BOOL is True.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? in this case i would expect the INT to return 3.

I am using a Modicon M340 PLC, with Unity Pro.

Code:

IF AlarmTrigger[AlarmArrayCounter] = True THEN 
        AlarmArrayActiveAlarms := AlarmArrayActiveAlarms + 1;
    END_IF;

END_FOR;

You need to zero counter before loop to zero, otherwise it will increase from old value on next scan.

AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt: INT

AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt:=0

IF
AlarmTrigger[AlarmArrayCounter] = True THEN AlarmArrayActiveAlarms_cnt :=AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt+1;
END_IF;

END_FOR;

AlarmArrayActiveAlarms :=AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt;

Last edited:

IF
AlarmTrigger[AlarmArrayCounter] = True THEN AlarmArrayActiveAlarms_cnt :=AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt+1;
END_IF;

END_FOR;

AlarmArrayActiveAlarms :=AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt;

Don't think you need the IF....THEN...END_IF construct, just add the binary 0 or 1 of the triggers to the counter....

AlarmArrayActiveAlarms_cnt := AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt + AlarmTrigger[AlarmArrayCounter];
END_FOR;

AlarmArrayActiveAlarms := AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt

Don't think you need the IF....THEN...END_IF construct, just add the binary 0 or 1 of the triggers to the counter....

AlarmArrayActiveAlarms_cnt := AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt + AlarmTrigger[AlarmArrayCounter];
END_FOR;

AlarmArrayActiveAlarms := AlarmArrayActiveAlarmsCnt

That is true, didn't thinked yesterday.

Converting bool array to int_array 0..100 would give possibility to use Occur_array-block.
Of course it would take more program memory, but on M340 case there is plenty

Last edited: