Connected components Micro 580 HSC

This is one I did for a glue system on a packaging machine. I used a prox with a flag on the line shaft. Once per rev. the prox flags the input and the R-Trig function turns off the FBEN resetting the count.
This is in a Micro820 but its likely the same.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for your help, It looks like you are using a plug in module. I am using the embedded I/O for the HSC, thing is when I break the contact that enables the HSC FB the accumulator doesn't reset. For something this simple I am pulling my hair out!

I have tried changing the type of HSC to one that uses the Z entry...no luck, no luck resetting the state of the enable input, no luck using the 4 level command to reset....:mad:

Capture.jpg

I tried that - also tried all the other methods while the block was disabled....I just cant get it to go to zero.....

Ok, I havnt done this personally with an 850, only HSC_ad on for 820. But, in the manual:::

HscCmd = 4 (reset) sets the Acc value to the HSC AppData.Accumalator value.
The HscCmd =4 does not stop HSC counting. If HSC is counting when the
HscCmd =4 is issued, some counting may be lost.
To reset the Acc value and then continue the counting, trigger the HscCmd =4
only once. If the command is enabled continuously, it may cause errors.

Have you done this in your logic?? I don't think you need to disable the HSC simply trigger the HscCmd to =4 for one scan. As the manual states, you might miss a count in this time, if its only enabled for one scan you should see very little disruption to your accumulator.
The HscCmd is a tag of the type USINT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, I have tried the HscCmd = 4, moving 4 into the variable HscCmd, with the move FB while the HSC FB is enabled and disabled. I have also manually put 4 in the HSC command (while HSC active and not active) and it only seems to suspend counting while the variable is set to 4. I honestly don't know what else to try.

Maybe there is some other FB that I am supposed to use to make the 4 command active? Not sure what a "level" command is. Or exactly how to implement it?

What's, even more, agravating is that when you search the users manual and the reference manual for "Level command(s)" the only place you find it is where you posted above.

How dissipating!