Connected Components Workbench Micro 800 Simulator connection problems

CaptJag

I downloaded and installed the Connection Components Workbench Standard and have followed your video to the point where I setup the connection path, I click Browse and the next window shows Linx Gateways, Ethernet and AB_ETHIP-1. Ethernet. I attempt to expand the AB_ETHIP, Ethernet and the plus sign changes to the minus sign but nothing pops up under it. My network is configured to an IP address of 192.168.1.73 in the Micro 800 simulator and set my network setting to 192.168.1.123. I went to configure drivers and set The IP address of the AB_ETH-1 and AB_ETHIP-1 to 192.168.1.73. When I attempt to ping the IP address, I receive "Destination host unreachable". Finally, Micro 800 Simulator is showing a fault of 0xF019m "An unexpected software error occured due to memory or other controller resource issue."

I'm taking an assessment January 6 for a new job and about half the test is on programming with RSLogix 500 on Allen Bradley PLC's. I desperately need to pass this test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If your test is on Logix 500 then that's a very different beast to CCW. You'd be better off downloading RSLogix 500 (there is a free version that supports the ML1100 processor i believe) and playing with that. There's also a simulator available but I'm usure if it's free.

I will admit I have never used the CCW Micro800 Simulator. I did just watch a short Rockwell Video on it and one thing I noticed was they were using the developer edition. Also they steps you say did not line up with the video I watched as they never launch linx. Possible that the simulator requires developer edition, I know things like online editing for the Micro800s are only available in developer edition so I would not be supprised.

Here is the video I breifly watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxQotV2zsuM

edit: maybe I should have watched it further, as I just popped over and saw linx up on the guys video.

Also I will agree with Saffa, Logix500 and CCW are very different. They have done a few minor things to make CCW feel a little more like 500 but not enough, the addressing among everything really is completley different.

Last edited:
CCW connection problems.

I was following a series by Tim Wilborne on youtube with TW Controls. It walked me through all the steps but I can't get it to connect. I emailed him and he just said to post something here. I didn't know this forum existed. I just now downloaded LogixPro 500 at the suggestion of Saffa and also downloaded a trial version of RSLogix 500 but it's not compatible with my version of windows. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit