tsx compact controllers

curtisplc

Can anyone out there give me details of which software packages are available to program TSXCompact range of software. I have been told there is a 90 day license version for evaluation but have no idea of reference numbers. I mainly use Allen Bradley and Seimans s7.

Schneider Electric TSX Compact controler can be programmed with two different types of languages.

The first is 984 Ladder Logic. Schneider offers the ProWORX family (32 is the most current which replaces NxT). There are also other vendors like Fastrack(?). I believe the demo version of ProWORX is complete except for the ability to connect to a controller.

The second is IEC, which is programmed with Concept (the current version is 2.6). Concept has a demo version which only works with a simulator and a 90 day trial complete version.

Thanks

Thank you? I had been told PL7 worked and spent some time setting up the program before finding out it would not. I will contact schnieder and try proworx

Are you trying to program a TSX 17 ?
If you are, you hit the jackpot !!!!!! You can only program that sucker with a program that runs under OS2 WARP. And no there is no way , as far as I know, to use a different programming software.

And believe me, I tried and tried to find away around OS WARP.

So if anybody has a different way of programming the TSX 17 please make me happy by sharing the info.

And for you curtisplc let us (me) know how things work out for you, Good luck !

Jurgen

Last time I knew there was a DOS version of software for the TSX17. I think it was PL7-2 version 5.0.

For those trying to keep up, all Schneider Electric PLCS families now begin with TSX (except their TWIDO line). This change occurred about 2 years ago. Modicon and Square D processors without this name prefix are older generations and "no longer preffered".

When I chocked on the price of Proworks32, my Schnieder Electric distributor gave me the TSX software for free, since it's obsolete.

Perhaps your distributor would do the same.

I no longer work for the company that has the program on the laptop or I would share it with you.

You could call Mark Stone at CBC at 253-845-3100, he has the program on my old laptop. He probably doesn't know the name of it but if you do he could email it to you, it's in a zip file. I don't remember the name of it myself.