S7-200 newbie questions

viper550

First of all i want to say a big HI to everyone since this is my first time here.

I have just started learning about plcs and i have a few problems that i want your help.I am completely new with this so if i ask anything stupid please dont be surprised.Also my English are not very good so if you dont understand something just ask.

In my class we use a s7-200 plc connected with a pc.What we have to do is to programm the plc to do certain functions.The plc is connected with an automatic system that has 2 start buttons,1 stop button and 3 leds.We must programm the plc so the automatic system can do the following:
Everytime i push each of the start buttons the correspoding led should lit for only 5 secs and then stop.
Everytime i push each of the start buttons the correspoding led should lit until it stops by the timer after 5 secs or if i push the stop button.
If i have pushed one start button and then the other it shouldnt do anything and the opposite.

We have to do it in code and not ladder.If anyone can help me i would be thankful.

On top of this page, you should see a link "learn PLCs". Its a useful introduction for PLCs.

You could also go here Its very useful to get a basic programming intro for S7-200 PLCs.

Please let us know if you have any problems after reading these..