Omron CJ2M-CPU35 wrong CPS version (2.16)

Koriath

Hello everyone, first time posting after consulting the site for a couple of years.
You've always had a solution to problems I had, but I am stumped in something I can't seem to find neither here nor anywhere else. o_O

I'm backing up the code in a few dozen PLC's at the factory I work and so far every Omron PLC worked just fine. Except for CJ2M - CPU35.
When I attempt to upload the code from any of these, I get a generic error "UM Read error" or some such. I chalked it up to a password protection after trying the Backup Tool and it did in fact require a password. Not unheard of, and something I simply have to alert my superiors to.

After a lot of them gave me the error thought I started getting suspicious and went a bit deeper. So, a few of them are indeed password protections, but a lot (nearly 70%) are actually caused by this:
CPS error.jpg
:oops:
The CPS file I currently have supports CJ2M-CPU35 version 2.1.
But the Backup Tool claims this particular PLC is at version 2.16.
In fact, nearly all these "UM Read Error" are caused by this.

I've contacted a local Omron supplier and the company that programmed this PLC and they all responded me by giving me the CPS file used: the v2.1 one.
I went around the net searching for a newer one, did the auto-update aswell and nothing.

As far as I can tell, there's no such thing as a CJ2M-CPU35 version 2.16.
Before I go back to my boss and tell them we have a mythological creature plugged into our machines, I need to know how this happened.
Does the correct CPS file exist? If so, where can I find it?
If it doesn't exist, why is this CPU reporting the wrong version to CX-Programmer? Malfunction? How could nearly 80 PLC's malfunction in the same way?

I'm about ready to give up, chalk it up to a dead internal battery -> memory corruption and stop there if I don't get some new advice. :cry:

Thanks in advance.