VBA code in FactoryTalk view studio

zdinani

Hi,
I have a question regarding FactoryTalk view studio. I have a page with bunch of editable variables and it works perfectly, it means that as soon as I modify a varible and press enter, it changes and follow my order but I would like to add a button of save on the same page to make me able instead of pressing enter on keyboard, just click on Save button. It 's look crazy a little bit but this is according to client requirement. I know that I need to write a VBA code to stop the process of modification till I press save but I do not have any clue to writ that. would you please comment if you have any idea?

Here is a link to FactoryTalkView.pdf

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/...aotm/sessions/manuals/L06-FactoryTalkView.pdf

What you want to do is write your variables in the hmi, and then take those values from the textBox or whatever input you are using and write to your desire variable address on the hmi/plc.

Ideally what you want to do is have a method called OnClickSaveButton or something along those lines and call that method when you hit the save button. You can right click on the button, and launch VBA.

Also you might have to edit your current input object script to prevent passing the new variable as soon as you hit enter.

Hope this helps.