FactoryTalk Global Objects don't keep VBA Code

aspnxdd

Hello guys, can anyone help me with FactoryTalk View Studio.

I need to use a Global Object that contains VBA Macros in different displays, but it doesn't keep the VBA code when I copy it.

Any idea?

Global objects

The code should still run in the pasted instance in your display. Since global objects are class based, their config resides in the global objects display, not in the instance displays. But any VB defined in the global display should still run when the object is instantiated in the instance display. I would add a simple button with a msgbox() in the global object and test that out. Copy paste to an instance display and then press the button to verify the VB is still there in the background.

If you need the VB to be different from instance to instance, then you can't use a global object for that.