factory client SE (station?) is not working

Ingis

Hi,

Sorry that I make another thread, but I just can't find it.
I have my working HMI in factorytalk view SE on my pc. So now I want to have that one running on my touchpc of the machine. I have a licence for 9701-VWSB100AENE FT View Station SE 100D Lic ESD S/W. So I basically install the Site Edition Station on that PC.

Now I need to use the applicatian manager to restore my apa on that PC? Than use site edition client (run the wizzard for startup screen & macro ...) and than the HMI boots.

Is this the best way to come to this point? because that is really not straight forward compared with ME.

Once the hmi is started, I can see my screens, but no information of the plc is coming in. I can ping the plc and in my develop tool I used rslinx enterprise and communication setup. This is all working. But in ME I needed to 'copy' those settings into the project. Now this is not possible. Am I missing something?

best regards

Did you add the FTVSE Client PC to the FTVSE Server corresponding FactoryTalk Directory?

See instructions at Page 75 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewse-um006_-en-e.pdf

You might also have to navigate and mitigate any Security implementations at application level which will restrict access based on User/Computer credentials. You might need to access the FTVSE development application System folder and add the Client machine/user to the existing credentialed list.

"Local FTD" in Rockwell language stands for "all-the-eggs-in-one-basket"; that is "...All local application components, except for OPC data servers, must be
located on the same computer..."

If you are moving the entire FTVSE application onto a new PC and there is going to be only one PC from now on then you will have to "re-point" the location of the new Local FactoryTalk Directory.

Specifying theFactoryTalk Directory server location is described at Page 76 of the above posted link; use Local if the Server and the Client are on the same PC.

Last edited: