Skada Software Recommendation

Martindag

Hi guys,

Im looking for some advice, i want to put in place a scada system, something prety simple, friendly user, Free or Very not expensive that communicate well with Allen-Bradley Product like Micrologix 1400 and ControlLogix.

I see a good potentiel to buy a bigger one someday but for now my boss simply dont understand much what this thing is doing and im trying to put something in place to show them.

What i want exactly

Make a display on my computer with a software or web browsed
that would show some stuff about our process like temperature, on/off, water flow...
Use it for datalogging
and been able to print like a report that i could setup.

Last edited:
Hi Martindag,

A while back I tested this application on my laptop, http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=71113 as far as I remember it has multiple communication drivers for several manufacturers. I had tested with CompactLogix. It is easy to setup, and although I am not sure if there is any sort of limitations it could be a good start to show your boss the possibilities are with SCADA applications, without any overhead costs since is free.

I can highly recommend AdvancedHMI. You'll have to be prepared to dive into learning a bit of VBA if you want to do anything really in depth with it, but for the basics, it's very straightforward. And it's free. Support from Archie both here and on the AdvancedHMI forums is excellent.

I don't know if you could really describe it as a "SCADA" package - more of a PC-based HMI - but it's as powerful/flexible (or more) than every other hardware-based HMI I've ever used.

Nice! thanks for the 3 advices! i will take a look on them and see which one suit me the best! seem like exactly what im looking for thanks guys !

Ignition by Inductive Automation, 100% free working demo, program it the way you want and show him exactly what you are trying to accomplish. The demo will run for 2 hours and then you have to reset the timer - but you can program it to exactly what is needed, as it is a 100% full working demo.

Once complete if he should decide that he wants it, just purchase the "Key" and your program will become complete and active full time.

Good option 50 tags could be enough to show something decent to my boss. I already tried Indusoft and Ignition, i actualy liked them alot but its good for only like 40 hours. These could be the option i will go if they decent to invest into this.

Oh yeah ... i Scada not Skada lol just saw my topic title :D