How to connect to Schneider M241 PLC remotely from EcoStruxure Machine Expert software using SSH tunnelling?

Para

Hello, As part of our project, we are using an M241 controller. This controller interfaces with an industrial computer and a router via a switch, establishing a distinct secure network.
On my end, I have the Machine Expert software installed within a local virtual machine (VM) on my laptop, which is connected to our local network.
To enable remote access to the PLC for configuration changes and downloads, we're using SSH tunnelling via Putty software in the VM. Following the guidelines in the M241 manual, I have configured port forwarding within Putty on the VM for the following ports. Additionally, these ports have been forwarded on the router, and corresponding firewall rules have been set up:
*Machine Expert Protocol:
1. UDP Ports: 1740, 1741, 1742, 1743
2. TCP Ports: 1105, 11740 (Fast TCP)
Modbus Protocol:
1. TCP Port: 502
While I am able to successfully connect to the router via Putty and perform Modbus scans on the PLC using localhost (IP: 127.0.0.1, Port: 502) in the VM, I encountered an issue with the Machine Expert software. In the connection settings of Machine Expert, I do not see the controller listed for online access.
I used the Gateway Management Console and added 127.0.0.1:1105, where I observed the state as "Connected as client." However, despite trying various connection modes in the controller communication settings, I was unable to see controller in the list to establish a connection to PLC and go online.
I looked at the Machine Expert help, but unfortunately, I have not found a resolution to this issue.
Can anyone please provide guidance on how we can establish a remote connection to the PLC from Machine Expert software on my VM using SSH tunnelling?

Hi @Lare. Thank you for your reply. However, I have looked at this link before. I have tried similar method for connection and it did not work. I do not have same setup as mentioned in the link. Actually we do not any VPN connection. I an using SSH port forwarding on the router (which is on the separate network) and using putty software on my local machine (which is connected to our local network). I have added port forwarding (for port related to machine expert) on in Putty as well as on router. Could you please suggest if there is any other method or am I missing something? Thank you.