M340

dev78386

Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the control technology and I am trying to build a test bench using M340 PLC. Here are the modules I am using.
BMXP341000
BMXDRA 1602-Digital IN
BMXDRA 1605-Digital Out
BMXAMM 0600 -4 In 2 out
NOC 0401.

My Questions?

I am using Clear SCADA software, which MODBUS port need to be configured to interface SCADA software as there is one on the Processor that shows as the serial port when I hover on it with my mouse and on the NOC configuration it shows as Modbus TCP/IP. Confused.
Can someone explain?

Thanks in advance.
Immanuel

IMG_2897.jpg IMG_2898.jpg IMG_2899.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the control technology and I am trying to build a test bench using M340 PLC. Here are the modules I am using.
BMXP341000
BMXDRA 1602-Digital IN
BMXDRA 1605-Digital Out
BMXAMM 0600 -4 In 2 out
NOC 0401.

My Questions?

I am using Clear SCADA software, which MODBUS port need to be configured to interface SCADA software as there is one on the Processor that shows as the serial port when I hover on it with my mouse and on the NOC configuration it shows as Modbus TCP/IP. Confused.
Can someone explain?

Thanks in advance.
Immanuel

It depends if you are using serial or Ethernet to communicate to the SCADA system, if its serial then it's the serial on the CPU, if its Ethernet you need to use the NOC

Clear SCADA? It is generally used for remote stuff not local. Are you going remote?

Hi Bob,

I am trying to connect my computer to the PLC using Ethernet. What do u mean by remote (wireless ?). Is it not possible to connect the way I am doing? Anyother free SCADA you recommend. Let me know.

Kind Regards
Immanuel

What method of connecting to the PLC (Serial/Ethernet) is good to interface with the PLC registers. Please let me know.Thanks

Clear SCADA can be used for this quite OK. Just unusual that is all. Use the NOC and Ethernet. You could also use Citect - it runs for 2 hours and then shuts down - restart and get another 2 hours.

What do u mean by remote (wireless ?).

ClearSCADA is designed for remote telemetry and wide area networks (WAN), where you have lots of distributed nodes, usually RTU's, communicating back to the SCADA via radio.

In your case, you just have a single PLC communicating via a dedicated link. While ClearSCADA will work, its feature set and complexity is overkill for what you are trying to achieve. If you're just testing general SCADA stuff, I would recommend starting with something simpler like Citect like others have suggested. For a novice, it would be easier to work with than ClearSCADA.