M340 as modbus master

razmis

I'm using M340 (Schneider Electric) as modbus master. It works fine but if there is a disconnection with the slave, it stops working even after connection is fixed. Only stop and start to the PLC solve the problem.
Is there a way to do a reset only to the communication function without stopping the PLC?

It is essential that the timeout value in the GEST array be set to a nonzero value before the Read or Write function is triggered. If it is zero the function will never timeout even if the GEST time is changed after the function is triggered. If this happens the PLC has to be power cycled.

Similar Topics

I'm trying to communicate to a Modbus RTU slave device using an M340 as the Modbus master using READ_VAR and WRITE_VAR. I'm connecting directly...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I've been working on a Modicon M340 project using a CPU BMX P34 2020 processor, making use of its serial port to do Modbus master...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, i was hoping for a little help with this module. i have data that needs to be read from a different plc through the Modbus plus...
Replies
Views
I have 9 field devices, three METSEPM5110 power meters and six ACE949-2 rs285 interface modules. I want to read this Modbus rtu data through rs485...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am trying to read out the values from a Carlo Gavazzi EM340 energy analyzer via Modbus communication. The S7-1200 PLC has the CB1241...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom